The "Swiss-Knife" Life Coach
Why a Life Coach?
Coaches have the ability to view things from afar — in what some call ‘helicopter vision’ — and to shed new light on difficult situations. Often they can act as a sounding board through tough decisions, help sharpen skills, and motivate.– CFO Magazine
An article in Public Management revealed a study where training alone was compared to life coaching combined with training. The study showed that training alone increased productivity by 22.4% while training combined with weekly life coaching increased productivity by 88%. Here is the reason why :
1) Accountability. Most life coaches have three calls a month with their clients. This regularly scheduled call prompts clients to get more done than they would if left to their own devices. Think about it, if you work out with a personal trainer at the gym, you work much harder than on your own. Clients take bigger actions, set bigger goals and think bigger when they work with a professional coach.
2) Expertise. The trained life coach knows how to help you set the right goals, make more money, and structure your personal and professional life to achieve greater productivity with less effort. You’ll achieve more in less time with the input of an accredited Life Coach on your side.
3) Delivery. A well-trained coach knows how to use the right words so that you are naturally motivated. It doesn’t take brow-beating or nagging when you are working with a skilled life coach. Coaching typically works best with a weekly call so clients have time to integrate new ways of thinking and take action each week toward their goals. Most life coaching is done by phone and delivered in half hour to one hour coaching calls. The experience is challenging and uplifting. You’ll look forward to your weekly calls with your life coach. Find an Accredited Life Coach here.
4) Speed. Most people find that things start to happen very quickly after hiring a life coach.
What would you work on with a life coach?
- Setting and achieving goals and objectives
- Planning — business, career and life
- Blasting through blocks and fears
- Clearing clutter
- Financial security and independence
- Balancing business and personal life
- Making key decisions and designing strategies for success
- Communicating powerfully and succinctly
- Becoming a problem-free zone
- Building powerful relationships
- Breaking through the glass ceiling
- Getting promoted
- Finding the ideal career/work or business
- Finding the ideal partner/love/relationship
- Getting out of a rut
- Making an important life transition
- Starting a business
- Growing a business
- Living an ideal life
- Identifying core values and passions
- Fulfilling personal and emotional needs
- Getting organized
- Making more money
- Having loads more time to enjoy life
- Playing, having adventures, and a lot more fun!
- And much, much more…
About Patrick Oh 胡文狮
Patrick started off as an Interior designer but his passion in technology later got him a scholarship in Automation design where he worked as an Automation Design Engineer for 5 years.
A life-long volunteer who has been volunteering since young, he moved into working with Youth in 1996 and introduced Service Learning and Character Education in Bedok North Secondary School as a Latch-key Youth programme together with the school principal Mr. Thomas Ong.
In a trip to Yunnan, China, Patrick saw that many problems in the villages can be solved and decided to venture together with his wife to Yunnan, China. It was supposed to be a 9 months stay but ended up as a 13 years stay.
In the 13 years, Patrick was successful in his sustainable community development projects and has helped hundreds of thousands from Fluoride poisoning and also out from poverty through the Cattle-Of-Hope Microloan cooperative he designed. He also mentored a young graduate and pioneered the Yunnan Tertiary Volunteers Alliance consisting of over 1000 volunteers from eight universities where Patrick trained them to co-create solutions to serve the community; each year churning out 40 projects that impact lives. He was also appointed as a consultant and lecture for Yunnan Anti-Narcotic and HIV Prevention Training Centre which is part of Yunnan University and the Yunnan Police Force.
Patrick’s consulting business also helps the local businesses in setting their corporate culture, adopt new technology and create solutions for their challenges. he introduced QR-code in 2007 to businesses and share how it can be used as a marketing tool.
Upon returning to Singapore in June 2012, Patrick has continued to provide business consulting and has also gotten certified as the Enterprise Singapore approved consultant through TUV-SUD. He noticed many people are struggling through health issues, he took up courses and became certified in various wellness related expertise.
Is Life Coaching for me?
If you look at why some people have breakthrough while others do not is simply those who have breakthrough have people who walk through life challenges with them. Please take just a few moments to find out how ready you are to live life to the fullest and be the best you can be.
- I admit I am disorganize and I am ready to get my life organised!
- I admit I have issues in relationship and want to improve my personal or business relationships.
- I admit I am not happy with my current situation and I am ready to make real and positive changes in my life.
- I admit I am lost and I am ready to find my identity and live my life’s purpose.
- I admit I am under addiction and I am ready and willing to overcome self-limiting beliefs and behavior.
- I admit I lack discipline and I am ready to set goals and see that I complete them.
- I admit I have neglected my health and fitness and I am ready to put effort and restore my health.
- I admit I have not being a good spouse or parent and I am ready to learn to take up these roles.
- I admit I have something to offer with my life and I am willing to turn it into a legacy.
- I admit I often procrastinate and I can benefit from someone who will help me to stay on track.
Add up your score.
Interpreting your score:
Under 30 :
Life Coaching is not for you right now.
31 to 60 :
Life Coaching could help you to look at your life from a different viewpoint as well as help you develop a plan to change what it is that you would like to change. However, if you decide to work with a life coach now, you should decide and commit that you will take the necessary action for your benefit, or you will not make lasting life-changing improvements.